[rspec-users] [ANN] Lighthouse and Engine Yard sponsorships

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 15:22:15 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 5:05 PM, Patrick Aljord <patcito at gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is a msys branch of git that is extremely easy to install in
> > windows from this url: http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/  I tried it
> > and it seems to work pretty well
> >

> +1
>
> With this, Git is perfectly usable on Windows now, there is no reason
> for not using it on this platform.

msys means *nix eol (end of line) styles, which sometimes don't work
quite as expected under ruby-windows.

I commented about this previously. Git don't over the eol-style
property like svn do (svn:eol-style).

The eol style was discussed on Git list way back, and they said the
SCM shouldn't care about it :-P
(I agree).

The thing is like I said, with languages like Python or Ruby,
sometimes eol does harm and make things crash.

Anyway, as long there is a up-to-date repository "cross-platform
accessible" I'll be happy.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems