[rspec-users] [ANN] Lighthouse and Engine Yard sponsorships

Kevin Williams kevwil at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 23:21:21 EST 2007

> On Nov 18, 2007 9:57 PM, Kevin Williams <kevwil at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't intend to use RSpec source either, but I suspect the most
> > people would be satisfied with a main Subversion repository. Git users
> > can check out from / in to a Subversion repository just fine.
> >
> That poses a problem for the poor souls trapped in Windows.

No it doesn't. Subversion works great on Windows. Windows users can
try to use Git in Cygwin if they really want to, but they can also
just use TortoiseSVN or whatever favorite Subversion client they want.

With a Subversion repository, you can choose between Subversion as a
client or Git as a client (yes, it's actually a local clone of the
repository, but a client of the main svn repo as well).

Mercurial is a great system. I love the x-platform nature, and it
works great. I love the svn-like aliases such as "hg up" or "hg ci -m
'foo'". I've used it on a number of projects. I've since switched to
Git because I like the branching/merging behavior much better and
because you can clone from and commit back to a Subversion repository.
Choosing Mercurial is fine, but choosing a Subversion repository might
please more people in the long run. Just an idea, not my religion. :)