[rspec-users] Down with Lambda!!

Wincent Colaiuta win at wincent.com
Sun Nov 18 14:19:40 EST 2007

El 18/11/2007, a las 0:59, aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com escribió:

> Probably not. There was a longer discussion of it here:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=13837&group_id=797&atid=3152
> As you point out, creating an alias is a one-liner.
> The main reason I don't want to add it is that lambda is a common
> idiom, and I don't want to set precedence of aliasing core Ruby idioms
> just because some people don't like the ones in Ruby.

<devil's advocate>
   But it could be argued that RSpec is a Domain Specific Language of
its own, and it's not Ruby; it just happens to be implemented in Ruby.
</devil's advocate>

Having said that, I'm fine with using "lambda" and even if I wasn't
adding an alias to my spec_helper.rb would be no problem if I felt
strongly about it.