[rspec-users] Down with Lambda!!

Shane Mingins smingins at elctech.com
Sun Nov 18 14:07:44 EST 2007

On 18/11/2007, at 1:01 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:
> We're still writing Ruby here, aren't we!!!
> Cheers,
> David

Wanted to share my initial reaction to your Ruby statement.

Are we writing Ruby here?  Or are we writing specifications?  Are we
not using the power of the Ruby language to construct a DSL that
allows us to construct specifications about the behaviour of our code?

Wouldn't the ideal be that I could create Behaviour specifications
using RSpec or JSpec or CSpec (or whatever) using language that is
natural to writing specifications?  So something like lambda ...
which is a word I always have trouble typing ;-) ... would not seem
natural to the domain of BDD?

These were just my initial thoughts :-)

On the actual implementation side ... if I really wanted doing in my
specs I would add the one line and not really care too much that this
is what I need to do.