[rspec-users] Down with Lambda!!

Steven Garcia lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat Nov 17 18:40:33 EST 2007

Rspec is all about using natural language to define behavior. In this
context, I feel that lambda is sorely out of place. I was chatting on
#irc and a pal of mine (wycats) proposed an interesting alternative:

alias_method :doing, :lambda

so instead of something like

lambda {post :create, {:title => nil}}.should

we get

doing {post :create, {:title => nil}}.should

Now it reads like a sentence..much cleaner and less abstract to those of
us who are not Ruby wizards (yet)

Chatting with other folks and they are hyped on the idea.

What do you guys think?

Any chance we could get something like this into trunk?