[rspec-users] spec.opts default --load-by and observers

Michael Klishin michael.s.klishin.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 16:31:26 EST 2007

When specing observers I usually put them into models directory under /
spec. Then, when specs are run observer class can't be found unless I
remove --load-by mtime from spec.opts.

My question is what's the Big Idea behind loading specs in that order
by default? Shouldn't default spec.opts contain just formatting
options? Because as you see it DOES cause problems and though it's ok
for me, some RSpec users may be pissed off after first trial of
testing observers with RSpec.

WDYT, David, Aslak, others?