[rspec-users] Autotest with rspec HTML output

Hans de Graaff hans at degraaff.org
Tue Nov 13 15:14:32 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 17:21 +0100, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> I think the simplest and best thing here would be a pure browser
> solution with autorefresh.
> It should only be a matter of tweaking the HTML output a little to:
> * Implement autorefresh. Ajax based would require a lite server
> (webrick). Or just META refresh would work on the file system.

I've been using this approach on and off for a while, using the META
refresh technique both off of the file system and through a web server.
I don't right now because it was taking up a bit too much screen space.
Now that I've got a second monitor to hook up that may change again.
I've been using a refresh rate of 30s, but that's actually already too
slow. I guess a better solution would be to be able to trigger an action
after specs have run. The actual command could just be a shell command
defined in the spec.opts file, so that people can do whatever is the
right thing for their platform and environment.

> * Tweak the HTML output to only output the red specs, not the green ones.

That would be useful.

Kind regards,

Hans