[rspec-users] Spec slowdown

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 12:21:19 EST 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 10:52 AM, Jarkko Laine <jarkko at jlaine.net> wrote:
> Is there something currently going on on the rspec trunk that causes
> a massive slowdown when running rake spec and autotest (without
> spec_server)? I updated to the latest trunk yesterday and the time
> needed to run the specs of my app jumped from ~20 seconds to more
> than a minute. The weird thing is that if I run the rake spec tasks
> separately (controllers, models, views, helpers), they still take
> about 20 seconds in total: http://pastie.caboo.se/117362

That's really weird. We are doing some refactoring and it is
admittedly still mid-stream, but I'm stumped as to why it would only
have a negative impact when you run all the examples.

Also - I'm using the latest and do not see this drop in speed.

So, for the moment, please keep an eye on it and let us know if
changes over the next few days resolve this or not. If not, we'll take
a closer look before the release.

Thanks,
David

ps - in case you didn't notice: config.breakpoint_server has been
deprecated and has no effect.