[rspec-users] Autotest with rspec HTML output

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 11:21:34 EST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 4:33 PM, Ben Mabey <ben at benmabey.com> wrote:

> I was thinking that a little window(cocoa) or maybe just a browser
> window could display the summary of the test run like autotest does and
> then the failed specs in HTML format.  Not the entire HTML report would
> be generated/displayed- only the failing ones would be so it would be
> manageable on projects with large test suites. So, instead of having a
> terminal window open with autotest it would just be a stand alone window.

I think the simplest and best thing here would be a pure browser
solution with autorefresh.
It should only be a matter of tweaking the HTML output a little to:
* Implement autorefresh. Ajax based would require a lite server
(webrick). Or just META refresh would work on the file system.
* Tweak the HTML output to only output the red specs, not the green ones.

I don't like the cocoa idea - too proprietary. The qlmanage wouldn't
provide much value beyond growl bubbles. You wanted to click on the
HTML and go to the editor right?

Aslak