[rspec-users] Specing raising error, handling, and then not raising error

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 18:51:54 EST 2007

On 11/5/07, Ashley Moran <work at ashleymoran.me.uk> wrote:
> Mikel,
>
> It looks like you are doing too much here.  You are specifying sending
> with the SMTP object in the same block you are specifying the
> algorithm for counting the sent emails.  Also, the way it interrogates
> the email object to extract data looks fragile.  I would prefer to
> make the Email object responsible for sending itself, although I will
> await the approval of an expert before I tell you my solution is better!

HOLYCOMPLETESOLUTIONBATMAN!

:)

Definately helpful... especially the bit on "trying to do too much".

The problem I was trying to solve with the mass sender is I only want
to open one connection to the SMTP server, not multiple.

But your code definatley gave me some good ideas.

All this to get some email from one computer on the internet to
another that is not :)

Anyway, speak soon, thanks again!

Mikel