[rspec-users] rake spec:rcov failing

Hans de Graaff hans at degraaff.org
Thu Nov 1 16:25:02 EDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 13:10 -0400, Scott Taylor wrote:
> Running rails 1.2.3, rcov (0.8.0.2), rspec trunk (2865) -
>
> When running rake spec:rcov, I'm getting the following:
>
> Finished in 245.717813 seconds
>
> 856 examples, 0 failures, 48 pending
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.8/rexml/text.rb:292:in `normalize': private
> method `gsub' called for 0:Fixnum (NoMethodError)

I guess you are using a really new version of ruby? The latest patch
levels seem to include a version of rexml that isn't compatible with
rcov. The rcov code thinks it can pass Fixnum's as the value of an
attribute while building the HTML summary page, but apparently the
latest version of rexml no longer allows this.

I haven't had time to figure out if this change in rexml is intentional
or not, and thus whether rexml or rcov needs fixing.

Kind regards,

Hans de Graaff