[rspec-users] Rails, respond_to? over anonymous module (extend has_many).

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:30:26 EDT 2007

On 5/28/07, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Command works and do what its expected, but respond_to from RSpec
> > don't see them (from console they work).
> >
> O don't have an answer to what's wrong, but I'm wondering what you're
> trying to achieve by expecting certain objects to respond to certain
> methods. Why aren't you just invoking these methods instead?

Good point, old habit :-P

> > Ruby: 1.8.5 mswin32
> > OS: Windows XP SP2 (English)
> > RSpec: 0.9.4 (upgrade to 1.0.3 fails with "NoMethodError" 'fixtures').
> What command fails with NoMethodError and what's the full backtrace?
> And how can we reproduce it? I'd rather help people upgrade to 1.0
> than supporting older versions.

Will get you the backtrace later, when return to the office, but is
related to fixtures:

describe User do
  fixtures :users

When running, it report that DSL / Rails / EvalContext don't have any
method defined "fixtures" (from top of my head, will get you specific
data later today).

Thanks for your time.

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems