[rspec-users] [ANN] RSpec-1.0.3

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:18:44 EDT 2007

On 5/25/07, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a sorta large project that used Test::Rails to do rails tests
> (i.e. model tests, controller tests, view tests, and integration
> tests).
>
> I'm converting the tests slowly over to specs, but it's going to take
> me a long time to do.  Is there a way to have autotest work with both
> specs and the tests in the tests/ directory?  Or, can I have two
> autotests running, one for specs and one for tests?

It's really designed to run one or the other, however, you could, in
theory, play with
vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails/lib/autotest/rspec_rails.rb. If you
change @spec_command to "ruby ", remove spec/spec.opts, and modify
@test_mappings to associate all of the test directories to the app
directories like the spec directories are already mapped, you MIGHT
get what you want. I haven't tried this - but give it a shot and let
us know how it went. Good luck.

Cheers,
David