[rspec-users] rspec on rails update question

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri May 25 11:27:17 EDT 2007

On 5/25/07, Jonathan Linowes <jonathan at parkerhill.com> wrote:
> I'm sure this is OT but I'd appreciate the help

Very ON Topic - no worries.

> I'm using rspec_on_rails
>
> I prefer to use stable release rather than live dangerously (at least
> until I can tell the difference between what I might be doing wrong
> vs problems in rspec). However, I would like to try the
> RspecScaffoldGenerator fix.
>
> I installed (per the docs) last week with the following commands
>
>    $ ruby script/plugin install -x svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/
> tags/REL_1_0_0/rspec
>    $ ruby script/plugin install -x svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/
> tags/REL_1_0_0/rspec_on_rails
>    $ script/generate rspec
>
> Should I have said REL_1_0_2 instead? Will svn up find the latest tags?

We just added tags/CURRENT, so from now on you can grab that and use
svn up to update releases.

> When I run
>    $ svn up vendor/plugins/rspec
> At revision 2032.
>    $ svn up vendor/plugins/rspec_on_rails
> At revision 2032.
>
> How can i tell which version is actually installed on my system now?
> perhaps I don't know svn well enough to identify the tags

Look in vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/version.rb

> I would like 1.0.3, its listed under http://rspec.rubyforge.org/
> changes.html but tags/REL_1_0_3 doesn't seem to exist yet, right? It
> tried

That was a mistake, but 1.0.3 will be out shortly (maybe even today).

>    $ ruby script/plugin install -x --force svn://rubyforge.org/var/
> svn/rspec/tags/REL_1_0_3/rspec
> svn: URL 'svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/REL_1_0_3/rspec'
> doesn't exist

ruby script/plugin install svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/CURRENT/rspec
ruby script/plugin install
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/rspec/tags/CURRENT/rspec_on_rails

Cheers,
David