[rspec-users] still seeing strange behaviour with spec_server

David Green pocketsized at tiscali.co.uk
Fri May 25 05:40:03 EDT 2007

hi all

a few days ago i reported spec_server didn't appear to be running
specs and the command itself was running slowly. I've since tried it
on a new system with a clean install of ubuntu 7.04, rails 1.2.3 and
rspec 1.0.2 and I'm seeing the same behavior.

*** without spec_server ***
x at holly:~/rails/test$ time ruby script/spec spec/models/user_spec.rb
.

Finished in 0.08807 seconds

1 example, 0 failures

real    0m2.042s
user    0m1.544s
sys     0m0.260s

*** with spec_server running and the --drb option ***
x at holly:~/rails/test$ time ruby script/spec spec/models/user_spec.rb --drb

Finished in 1.5e-05 seconds

0 examples, 0 failures

real    0m5.582s
user    0m0.176s
sys     0m0.012s

the spec's are just the ones created by the rspec model generator. the
rails app is completely new except for an empty User model

could someone else please try to replicate this?

thanks
dave