[rspec-users] Specs for code stored in rails_app/lib/

Coda Hale coda.hale at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:22:36 EDT 2007

On 5/24/07, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/24/07, Coda Hale <coda.hale at gmail.com> wrote:
> > A related question -- where do spec support files go? For example,
> > I've got more than a few one-off matchers and such, and having a
> > 500-line spec_helper.rb doesn't seem workable.
> >
> > I ended up putting mine in /spec/lib, and the specs for /lib files in
> > /libraries.
> I'd definitely have the specs for lib in spec/lib. As for your
> helpers, how about spec/helpers????

Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm not sure if I was clear -- I'm not looking for a place to put the
specs for my helpers. That's obviously /sepc/helpers. I'm looking for
a place to put the support classes for the specs -- custom matchers,
etc. If I stuff them all in spec_helper.rb, it'll grow to be
unmanageably large.

Coda Hale