[rspec-users] Rails Rendering diagnostics.rhtml in Controller Spec

Ryan Bates bates.ryan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:48:18 EDT 2007

Forgive me if this isn't the proper list. It's specific to the rSpec
Rails plugin.

The problem is, some controller actions are rendering the
"diagnostics.rhtml" template when I'm expecting it to render something
else in a controller spec. I'm assuming this is the template that
displays the error message and a stack trace when an error is raised
in the development environment.

Is there anyway to see the error through rspec instead of the
controller just rendering the diagnostics.rhtml template? I'm
surprised this would even be rendered in the test environment.

Thanks,

Ryan