[rspec-users] autotest and rspec for a non-rails project

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Wed May 23 14:01:48 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, Nick Sieger <nicksieger at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/23/07, jeanpierre at gmail.com <jeanpierre at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hi list -
> >
> > should it be possible to use autotest to continuously run specs for a
> > non-rails project? when i execute autotest in the base directory of my
> > project, it complains that it cannot load rspec_autotest, however looking at
> > rspec_autotest[1] and rspec_rails_autotest.rb, it appears as though both are
> > geared towards rails (perhaps even rspec on rails).
> >
> See [1].  I believe David and Ryan are working on integrating this
> patch in the next versions of RSpec and ZenTest.

We're actually working out a plugin model so that ZenTest won't know
about RSpec, but RSpec wil be able to quietly plug itself in to
autotest. That should be out within a week (hopefully within a day or

In the mean time, your best bet is the latest rspec (1.0.0), the
latest ZenTest (3.5.2) and the patch from my blog post.