[rspec-users] rails edge

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Wed May 23 06:23:35 EDT 2007

On 5/23/07, aslak hellesoy <aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/22/07, Jonathan Linowes <jonathan at parkerhill.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> > first time trying rspec, and rails edge. Are there any known issues
> > running rspec with rails edge?
> >

> It was fine a few days ago, but I just got new errors.
>
> > for one, apparently script/generate scaffold_resource has been
> > renamed just "resource". Do I just search/replace "scaffold_resource"
> > with "resource" in file rspec_resource_generator.rb ? Somethings
> > still missing.
> >

> Yes. I've just committed changes to rspec_generator on trunk so that
> it will look for the new path.
>
> There are still some issues that I'll try to fix quickly...

It looks like edge rails' resource generator is no longer generating
controllers with the 7 CRUD methods. Now it's creating empty
controllers.

I'm not sure if this is intentional (are they baking in automatic
REST?) or if it's an oversight due to their recent refactorings.

So for now, Spec::Rails is broken on Edge Rails, and Edge Rails'
Scaffold generator seems broken to me. But I might have missed
something.

Aslak