[rspec-users] rspec_on_rails' spec:doc and dry runs

Kyle Hargraves philodespotos at gmail.com
Tue May 22 12:11:26 EDT 2007

On 5/22/07, Chad Humphries <chad at spicycode.com> wrote:
> Phil,
>
> I wrote that bit o' code (the plugin at spicycode).   I haven't actually used
> the dry-run mode before.  I'll dig in and see what I can find about the
> issue.

The problem is on --dry-run's end, not yours.

But while I'm here, I just ran into an issue with AssociationMatcher
when using the belong_to matcher. The association uses singular names
(Ticket belongs_to :status), which, when run through :singularize in
the AssociationMatcher constructor, turns status into 'statu'.

I can hack around it by specifying the class_name on both the model
and the spec. I thought I'd be able to just use 'ticket.should
belong_to(:statuses)', but that isn't working out. Don't know why, but
I haven't had a chance to really look into it.

Thanks for the awesome plugin.

Kyle
(Fixed my name to actually be my name...)