[rspec-users] have_text matcher does not support should_not.

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Fri May 18 22:15:55 EDT 2007

Hello Guys,

Doing conversion of some test for some controllers, still with integrated views.

Anyway, I have this:

  it "should not see Join This Group button on profile page as member" do
    get "show", :id => @group.id
    response.should be_success
    response.should_not have_text(/Join This Group/)

But running with spec (0.9.4), drop me the folling error:

Matcher does not support should_not.
See Spec::Matchers for more information
about matchers.

Which is contradictory, since RDoc state otherwise:

response.should have_text(expected)
response.should_not have_text(expected)

Just a bug? If so, I'm filling a a report at rubyforge.

Thanks in advance

Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems
is worthwhile.