[rspec-users] spec_server

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Tue May 15 04:37:11 EDT 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 4:29 AM, David Green wrote:

> hi all
>
> I'm trying to use spec_server to run my specs in rails, but the specs
> don't seem to be running any faster, and it looks like they're being
> run twice when I use the --drb option ..? The app I'm testing is just
> a basic rails app with 2 empty models and a hello world controller.
> The specs are just the default ones created by the generators.

Well, this was a bug fixed in trunk recently.  You may want to run an
'svn update' if you have rspec on externals, or run ./script/plugin
install again.    This should help speed up the running of the specs.

The difference in performance is caused by the bug.

I've also learned that on my Mac G4 Dual 800, closing Mail.app and
other running programs can dramatically speed up my specs.

Let us know if that helps,

Scott