[rspec-users] [OT] - In Memory Databases

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sat May 12 17:14:33 EDT 2007

Is there someway to remove all fixture processing?  Can I set the
following two lines in spec_helper.rb to remove all fixture processing ?

   config.use_transactional_fixtures = false
   config.use_instantiated_fixtures  = false

I was actually able to setup a sqlite in-memory database without a
problem, using topfunky's plugin.

Even with drb, mocks & stubs, and an in-memory database, and no
(used) fixtures, things seem to be quite slow.  Maybe this is more of
a reflection on my aged Mac than anything else...

I think the real bottleneck is occurring in rake.  I'll have to
checkout a profiler.

Thanks,

Scott