[rspec-users] Shared behavior and_raise problem, and site aestetics

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Fri May 11 09:38:45 EDT 2007

On 5/11/07, Chris Hoffman <chris.c.hoffman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, so maybe it is just my nascence with respect to Ruby.  Why do
> you call Kernel::raise as opposed to just raise in
> vendor/plugins/rspec/lib/spec/mocks/message_expectation.rb

That's actually left over from when the matcher was "should raise"
instead of "should raise_error". The reason at that time because we
were defining a different raise method. At this point, it could
probably just call raise, though that invokes Kernel#raise, so there's
no harm in having it explicit.