[rspec-users] rspec and engines

David Smalley david.smalley.lists at googlemail.com
Wed May 9 12:32:08 EDT 2007

I've got an app that has most of the functionality packaged away in a
rails engine. Thats all working great but there seem to be loads of
problems with running my rspecs when nearly all the app code is in
the form of

                                          / controllers
                                          / models
                                       / spec
                                       / ...

Just wondered if anyone on the list had a good working setup for
rspec with engines and what they had to do. I've already written a
custom rake task that tests the controllers/models/views of a
particular plugin using

rake spec:plugin:models etc.

but its a terrible hack that I've put together and it'd be great if
anyone had anything that looks more elegant.