[rspec-users] Installing plugins without svn:// access

Lachie lachiec at gmail.com
Mon May 7 19:32:58 EDT 2007

Hi George,
I have the same problem. I've repeatedly asked for svn access from my
corporate masters, and just as repeatedly been knocked back :(

1. run ssh on your home box on port 443 (https)
2. get http://www.agroman.net/corkscrew/
3. ssh to home (using corkscrew)
4. svn export svn://.../rspec_on_rails
5. tar jcvf rspec_on_rails.tar.bz2
6. scp lachie at homebox:rspec_on_rails.tar.bz2 . (using corkscrew)

Yes, it really sucks.
Scott, an http mirror would rock, or it could be mirrored at google
code, using their http-viewable svn repos.

Even an automatically created tarball of trunk in rubyforge would be better.

Lachie

On 5/8/07, GAnderson <George.Anderson at erickson.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get up and running with rspec on a new project.  I'd like to
> install the rspec and rspec_on_rails plugins (per
> http://rspec.rubyforge.org/documentation/rails/install.html), but my
> corporate firewall blocks port 3690 so I can't access the repository via
> svn://
>
> I searched the docs and the mailing-list archive to figure out how to
> install the plugins manually, but I came up empty.  Can someone give me a
> gentle shove in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
>
> /g
> --
> George Anderson
> Sr. Software Engineer - Point Solutions
>
> Erickson Communities
> 701 Maiden Choice Lane
> Catonsville, MD 21228
>

> The information in this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmissions, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer..

Lachie
http://lachie.info/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lachie/