[rspec-users] a better "should have valid associations"

Dave Astels dastels at daveastels.com
Sat Mar 31 11:12:44 EDT 2007

On 29-Mar-07, at 1:02 PM, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> On 3/29/07, Josh Knowles <joshknowles at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/29/07, David Chelimsky <dchelimsky at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> AWESOME! I'm so psyched to see a plugin emerging for this.
> I second that.

I'll play devils-advocate.. what does all this have to do with
specifying behaviour?

 From a specification point of view, do I care that there's a
valiadtor for a field?  I don't think so... I'm more concerned with
what happens when I try to use a bad value for that field.  That
there's a validator for it in the model is an implementation detail.

That said, it's great stuff for a plugin.