[rspec-users] Autotest

Chris Anderson jchris at mfdz.com
Wed Mar 28 17:53:05 EDT 2007

I added this to my rakefile, to handle clearing out the test database
/ getting it up to date migrations in the dev. database.

namespace :spec do
  task :server => 'db:test:prepare' do
    system('script/rails_spec_server')

Autotest is the bomb. I blogged a shortcut that I didn't come up with
myself. But it is certainly useful to be able to scope your autotest
runs to a subset of your project.

http://jchris.mfdz.com/code/2007/2/scope_autotest_by_filename

Chris

On 3/28/07, Michael Trier <mtrier at eminentconsultinggroup.com> wrote:

> On Mar 28, 2007, at 6:48 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:
>
> > On 3/28/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is anyone using rspec with autotest?
> >
> > I've been using
> > http://svn.caldersphere.net/svn/main/plugins/rspec_autotest with great
> > success.
> >

> Same here.  Works well.  The task will not show in your rake -T
> listing because of a missing desc line.  Just add something like the
> following:
>
> desc "Autotest that works with RSpec"
>
> to the rake file in the tasks directory for the plugin.
>
> Michael
> railsconsulting.com

Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com