[rspec-users] sqlite3 and rspec_on_rails tests

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Tue Mar 27 05:21:34 EDT 2007

As I think I previously mentioned, there is an incompatibility with
rails 1.2.1 and sqlite3 3.3.8.

see: http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2007/1/29/using-sqlite3-with-rails
and: http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2007/2/6/rails-1-2-2-sqlite3-gems-
singular-resources

Sqlite is now at 3.3.13.

Because of this, if a developer is trying to create a patch for
rspec_on_rails, he will have one of the following two problems (if he
is using sqlite):

1. the rails 1.2.1 specs will fail, if sqlite > 3.3.7
2. the rails 1.2.2 and greater will fail if sqlite is < 3.3.8.

This renders running all of the specs as impossible with sqlite,
doesn't it?

Either way, there should be *something* in the docs about it.   Let
me know what you guys think.

Scott