[rspec-users] rSpec on Rails Integration Testing

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 14:55:34 EDT 2007

On Mar 19, 2007, at 11:06 AM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On 3/19/07, s.ross <cwdinfo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I see that there is an integration testing example in the plugin
>> code.
>
> There is?

Check out vendor/plugins/rspec/examples/test_case_spec.rb.

Perhaps not intended as an "integration test," per-se.

>> What is the thinking about integration specs?
>
> I use rails integration tests as/is right now in conjunction w/ rspec
> for more granular testing. It'd probably be a good idea to wrap rails
> integration tests, but in the long run rbehave will probably be the
> best choice for this level of testing (when it comes to life ;) ).

The only reason I'm not using Rails' integration testing out of the
box is that 1) I've gotten used to rSpec and like it better; and 2)
With the rspec plugin installed things like
use_transactional_fixtures= and use_instantiated_fixtures= generate a
method_missing in rspec. I'm not sure why or whether anyone else is
running into this problem. Is anyone?

I'm using pretty close to trunk.