[rspec-users] rspec on rails instantiated fixtures OFF by default ?

nicholas a. evans nick at ekenosen.net
Mon Mar 12 16:01:02 EDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Keith McDonnell <keith at dancingtext.com> wrote:
> Why are the instantiated fixtures turned off by default in the rspec on
> rails plugin? This was not the case in older versions.

According to http://clarkware.com/cgi/blosxom/2005/10/24, instantiated
fixtures have been turned off by default in rails since version 1.0.
I don't know when rspec_on_rails turned them off by default.

The reason is that the new defaults give significant performance gains
over the old defaults.  (See the above link for more details.)