[rspec-users] Specifying that code is called in a block

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Wed Mar 7 03:02:08 EST 2007

Hey Lugovoi

Not tried that yet but I like the look of it.  You'd have to stub out
ActiveRecord::Base.transaction to make it work (meddling with another
API call!!! it's starting to grate on me how often this is necessary)
though which will surely break transactional fixtures?  It just
occured to me that I haven't used transactional fixtures - I got
confused why some specs were failing, although a recent post made me
suspect my test database was just full of crap, and wrote a method to
SQL delete the contents table by table.  So I never noticed the
fallout from stubbing ActiveRecord::Base.transaction, if there was any.

I get the feeling this is something that could be generalised
though.  I'm just reading the paper Mock Roles, not Objects by four
of the ThoughtWorks crew.  Apparently jMock supports ordering of
methods across mocks.  I don't know if this is something that's been
considered for RSpec.

Thanks
Ashley

--

Codeweavers Ltd (Registered in England and Wales No. 04092394. VAT
registration no. 823826816)