[rspec-users] Autotest bug with rerunning passing tests?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:38:38 EDT 2007

On 6/23/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> P.S. You mentioned that the whole spec file runs with autotest, not
> just the ones that are failing.  Is this a bug in the code, or is it
> presumed that we should be using the --failures option in spec.opts?

Neither. It's just the way we set up the mappings. My experience is
that the performance savings of targeting just one example as opposed
to the whole file is not that noticeable but the feedback from running
all the examples in a given file is much more useful than the feedback
you get from running just one example until it passes.

If you want to get it to run one at a time, it'll take a bit of work
on rails_rspec.rb. Feel free to contribute a patch if you like, but if
you do, please set it up so that you can flip a switch of some sort to
get it to work either way.