[rspec-users] Autotest bug with rerunning passing tests?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 16:14:38 EDT 2007

On 6/23/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
> Am I correct in remembering that autotest (with Test::Unit) would
> rerun all the tests if a subset of the tests passed?  If so,
> shouldn't this behaviour also be present in rspec's autotest library?

Yes, but it depends on where you make the change. Let's say you get a
failure and you go look at your example and realize there's something
wrong and change that. Then autotest will only rerun that example
(well, that whole file).

If you make the change to subject code, then it should re-run
everything once you get the failing example to pass.

If you're experiencing something different, please follow up with a
bit of detail about what files you're changing and what examples are
getting run.

Also, if you want to take a look at one source of any potential
problems, look at @test_mappings in