[rspec-users] Sqlite3, in-memory db and rspec_server

Ed Howland ed.howland at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:32:15 EDT 2007

Hi everyone.

I can't get the above(subject line) combination to work. If I use a
standard sqlite3 file db for the test db, and spec_server all the
specs on my models pass. If I use an in-memory db for the test db,
script/spec w/o spec_server, they all pass. But if I use in-memory and
spec_server I get the following error:
1)
ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid in 'User should be valid'
ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid
./spec/models/user_spec.rb:5:in `new'
./spec/models/user_spec.rb:5:
./script/spec_server:23:in `run'
./script/spec_server:44:

Line 5 is the User.new in the before clause.

I have tried this on various versions of things. RSpec 1.0.5, Ubuntu
6.04, Rails 1.2.3,  Sqlite 3.2.8, sqlit3-ruby 1.2.1 (gem)
And on Ubuntu 7.04, Sqlite 3.3.13

Same results.
Any ideas?

Thanks