[rspec-users] it_should_behave_like

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Thu Jun 21 13:28:24 EDT 2007

On Jun 21, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Jordan McKible wrote:

> Scott, putting aside semantics of the spec for a second, the code
> you posted generated the same error for me.  According to David, it
> would seem this is because fixtures aren't called in shared behaviors.
>
> Does it follow that shared contexts shouldn't use before/after
> methods either?

I would imagine that it could be done, although I don't know about
the implementation of rspec with this detail (so it may be the case
that the before and after methods override those defined in the
shared behavior...).

Even if the before and after methods don't override those in the
shared behavior, I would image that you should only define instance
variables which would be shared among all the specs.

Scott