[rspec-users] should_receive stubs methods?

Ian Leitch port001 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:53:03 EDT 2007

Hey,

I'm using rspec and rails and have a spec that tests if a before_filter is
executed, I also have a spec that tests if a method called by the filter is
executed. It appears however that when I should_receive something, it is no
longer actually called when I fire the http request. I'm not sure how, or
where exactly I should manually fire the filter, either before or after the
http request sounds wrong. An option to should_receive that passes on the
invocation would be helpful yet I see nothing relevant in the documentation.

Cheers
Ian