[rspec-users] Something like rcov but more explicit?

Ian Leitch port001 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 16:29:48 EDT 2007

I appreciate that testing every single line off code isn't the approach of
BDD, and indeed that isn't my goal, although at the same time I'd like to be
able to "see" with coverage reports just to what extent the code base is
explicitly tested.

Say I had ViewA that uses HelperA and ViewB that uses HelperB, ViewA and
HelperA both have specs, as does ViewB, however HelperB does not. With an
rcov coverage report this isn't visible, what I'm after is something that
can tell me "HelperB was executed during the running of ViewB, but its
behavior was not explicitly specified."

It'd like to look into seeing if this is possible with rspec, I'll have to
try convince my boss to allow me to devote some time to it.