[rspec-users] Testing for cross site scripting, etc.

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:56:13 EDT 2007

On 6/19/07, barsalou <barjunk at attglobal.net> wrote:
> Being new to testing and ruby, are there "standard" tests that can be
> done that test for things like cross site scripting and friends?

I suppose you mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting (XSS)

XSS happens *in* the browser, where Ruby doesn't run (yet), so I'm not
sure how you think RSpec is relevant. Unless you want to use Watir or
Selenium-RC, which allows you to talk to a browser from Ruby (and

> If not, anyone have ideas on what I might do about testing those sorts
> of things?

Can you be more specific about what you want to verify?