[rspec-users] Something like rcov but more explicit?

aslak hellesoy aslak.hellesoy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:51:11 EDT 2007

On 6/18/07, Ian Leitch <port001 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey list,
>
> Does anything exist that can show me which lines are explicitly tested? RCov
> is great, but it doesn't really give a sense of _actual_ coverage, indeed,
> there is no guarantee that functions executed were in fact called as the
> result of a line being tested.

Why do you care whether a line was executed directly (spec->code) or
indirectly (spec->code->code->code)?

> I know nothing of the rspec internals, but would a simple list of executed
> lines be a relatively simple feature to add?

That would be hard I think. Feel free to investigate it. I would
rather recommend you use RSpec's --heckle switch if you want to know
how good your examples are. Coverage is overrated.

See http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/heckle/ for more info.

Aslak