[rspec-users] Is it still possible to use should_have_rjs

Ashley Moran work at ashleymoran.me.uk
Fri Jun 15 05:53:18 EDT 2007

Hi

I've come back to a Rails project after about a month doing other
work, and there's a lot of changes.  I was on the 0.7 branch before
and I've upgraded to RSpec 1.0.5.  I used the spec translator, fixed
the cases where it barfed on unusual line contents, and all my model
and controller specs now pass. But I'm getting 53 failures on my view
specs, all along the lines of:

should have visual effect
Unknown RJS statement type effect
/Users/ashleymoran/Documents/Development/YourMoney/trunk/src/spec/
views/admin/add_dealer_rjs_view_spec.rb:33
31
32  it "should have visual effect" do
33    response.should have_rjs(:effect, :blind_down, "add_dealer")
34  end
35

I'm trying to revert these to should_have_rjs but I've looked through
the RSpec source and it seems should_have_rjs was silently removed
between 0.8 and 0.9.  At least I can't find any reference to it in
the 0.9.4 source or the 1.0.5 source.  Am I missing something?  I
really need should_have_rjs- those 53 failures represent about 20% of
all my view specs.

Thanks
Ashley