[rspec-users] rSpec'ing Plugins

s.ross cwdinfo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:10:07 EDT 2007

I'm refactoring some of my code into a plugin and while it passes the
base specs (as though it were part of the Rails app), I'd prefer that
the plugin's specs live in the vendor/plugins/myplugin directory.

Here's where I'm getting stuck. The plugin is MVC so instead of
touching one part of Rails, it relies on several (model, view,
controller) to work. That means to spec it requires rspec_on_rails.
So, my questions are:

1. Is anyone doing this?
2. Was it worth the effort or is Test::Unit easier for this kind of

I'd be happy if I could even get a model spec to pass, but I keep
getting version mismatches between spec and rspec_on_rails even
though I've done fresh gem install and plugin installs.

Any thoughts appreciated. I'd far prefer to use only rSpec on this