[rspec-users] rspec 1.0.x and liquid?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 07:51:01 EDT 2007

On 6/12/07, Courtenay <court3nay at gmail.com> wrote:
> rspec thinks that response.should render_template comes AFTER the get :show

Yeah - there was a time when RSpec supported should_render before or
after the action. This was an attempt to make things more 'mockish',
which was cool, but the code was bloody  invasive (lots of rails
monkey patching) and kept breaking every time there was a new
changeset committed to Rails Edge. So we (I) gave it up and now these
only work after the action.

Perhaps we should alias it with have_rendered:

response.should have_rendered('some/template')

WDYT?

David