[rspec-users] rdebug spec ?

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Tue Jun 12 02:43:47 EDT 2007

As I said in #ruby-lang  (I thought it may be helpful to someone

For those of you using textmate, I've setup a snippet called rdebug,
which adds the following:

require 'rubygems'; require 'ruby-debug'; debugger

Usually I only do this as a last resort.

My workflow goes as follows:  I run my spec suite for the newest
spec.  If it fails and I simply cannot figure out why, I add this
snippet before the line which fails (inside the spec), and then rerun
the spec suite.  Since I use a failure file, it will only run this
spec, and dump me right before the spec fails.

Hope that helps,