[rspec-users] [OT] SVN Utils from: When to use BDD/TDD w/ external libraries

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Sat Jun 9 20:40:26 EDT 2007

On Jun 9, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Joe Van Dyk wrote:

> On 6/8/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've been noticing recently that svn doesn't always meet up to
>> expectations.  For instance, in copying directories:
>>
>> svn mv dir1/ dir2
>>
>> will move dir1 into dir2, not the contents of dir1 into dir2.  dir1/*
>> doesn't work either.
>
> $ svn mv dir1/* dir2
>
> that doesn't move all dir1's content to dir2?

If my memory recalls correctly, no, because the svn command can only
handle one file at a time (so the shell substitution for '*' will
feed in all of the files, and svn will complain).

euclid% svn cp test/* something/
svn: Client error in parsing arguments

Also see this:

http://blog.caboo.se/articles/2005/12/16/svn-mv-dir