[rspec-users] When to use BDD/TDD w/ external libraries

Scott Taylor mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com
Fri Jun 8 14:44:55 EDT 2007

On Jun 8, 2007, at 1:44 PM, David Chelimsky wrote:

> On 6/8/07, Scott Taylor <mailing_lists at railsnewbie.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well, actually my problem wasn't thinking of svn log, but of how I
>> would get revision/version numbers.  I tried piping svn log to grep
>> with 'test' as an argument.  Clearly that didn't work.  But even svn
>> log | grep test2spec didn't give me revision numbers.
>>
>> How would you have done it, if you were me?
>
> svn log > log
> mate log
>
> now search for test2spec - the revision number will be close by

My solution was something like the following:

svn log | grep test2spec -n  # for the line number
svn log | mate  # then searched for line number

Although after hanging out in #bash, I found a much better solution:

svn log | grep test2spec -B 3 | head

the -B 3 prints three lines before each entry.

Scott