[rspec-users] Another attempt for a succinct model validation DSL

Joseph Method tristil at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:13:03 EDT 2007

I think Nicholas has moved on to a different approach, but I agree
that this approach deserves looking at again, in part because it
avoids the opinion about whether a single validation should be a
context or a specification. But lo, rspecishness can be preserved:

IMO, not doing this makes it look declarative and unit/test-y. It's
the difference between

you.should obey(:me)

> I really like the second one, far more than any of the proposed
> alternatives (I think succinctness beats out rspecishness in this
> case). I'd propose one modification:
> http://pastie.caboo.se/67596
> What say?
> martin