[rspec-users] Stubbing Observers in rails?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 14:07:41 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, Doug Cole <dougcole at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I'm not mistaken those stub them out always - I'd like to be able to stub
> them out for most tests, but I would like to have them around when I want to
> write tests for the observers themselves!  I imagine this is a fairly common
> use case for Observers and testing.

There's an RFE for stubbing all instances:

It's been there for a while. This is very low priority for me, so if
you're interested in seeing it happen your best bet would be to submit
a patch.

Alternatively, I *think* that mocha supports this, so you could use
mocha with RSpec instead of the rspec mock framework.