[rspec-users] avoiding repitition

David Green justnothing at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 16:03:20 EDT 2007

as my rails application gets bigger, I find I'm writing the same generic
specs for standard CRUD operations. with 8 controllers so far, and more to
come, I'm keen to reduce the duplication. I asked before about generating
specs dynamically in this thread :

http://www.nabble.com/dynamic-specs-tf3927280.html#a11137640

but it doesn't seem possible completely possible. I'm sure this is an issue
for all testing frameworks, not just rspec, so can any of the more seasoned
programmers offer some insight into how they would approach the problem?

thanks
dave