[rspec-users] Rails - Mock going out of scope?

David Chelimsky dchelimsky at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 01:23:07 EDT 2007

D'oh. I should have figured this out on first sighting:

The parent method does a find, so it retrieves a new object from the
db - not the instance of Node you have defined. This new instance has
no language associated with it (because the one you gave it pretends
to exist by sporting an ID, but is never saved to the DB).

Make sense?

So, if you want to mock this, you have to mock a bit more than what
you have in mind. Check out this pastie:
http://pastie.textmate.org/80159

David